Thursday, January 26, 2012

10 miles intervals

Very tired from poor sleep. Hit MoPac so that I'd get a good idea of what's going on with my sore areas before hitting hills again.

Rolled much of the day. Gentle stretching before run. Iced right knee for an hour.

The muscle just below and behind my right knee...the high calf, I guess, continues to ache. In addition, the my left groin has ached for a couple of days. Heat on the groin...ice on the knee. These are not bad. Just something to monitor.

Need to do the strength drills in Trail Runner. I am probably overcompensating as my faster speeds start to work new muscles harder. They say 8 weeks of strength workouts makes a notable difference.

Also worth noting. I can hold a 7:00 pace without too much struggle. Heart rate remains at about 165 and breathing is easy. Legs do feel heavy in spots but it feels like a pace I can maintain for good distances.

No comments:

Post a Comment