Monday, March 5, 2012

Sun (12 miles) Mon (20 miles)

Due to wind and my weird knees, last week basically turned into a rest week.

The time off helped. Did slow 12 yesterday in 40MPH wind. Unpleasant and not fun.

30MPH winds today. Tried to be nice to myself by hitting MoPac. Planned to run 10 and realized that work later in the week meant I needed to go farther to hit goal mileage of 60 this week.

So I decided on an easy-paced 20. Started fairly slow but the legs wanted to go in spite of the awful windy Sunday run. So, I went. Lots of sub-8 miles and many right in my goal training speed of 7:30. Very surprised.

At miles 16 to 18 the wind was in my face and awful.

7:50 pace for whole run and could've been much faster if I'd planned for it. 2:35 total time.

Knees didn't cause too many problems and I was only winded going into the wind.

My conditioning is improving.

No comments:

Post a Comment